July 29, 2011

Sew Sad to See You Go

It was a disappointment when this stamp set didn't make it into the new Idea Book & Catalog. Here is another card I made for submission to the Artisan Award contest.  I was undecided whether to put a greeting on this or not.  Maybe I would have added a birthday greeting.  In order to make the tape measure pleat, I used my bone folder to break the fibers of the cardstock, similar to the faux suede technique, separated it and used the top, stamped portion.  It was much more pliable and easy to fold with just the top layer.

Not only was I sad to see this set go away, I also miss the Sweet Stitches DSP.  If we can't have sewing themed stamps we will just have to content ourselves with the Delicate Doilies Set and the Flirtatious DSP.  Stay tuned for a look at a quick and easy card with a doily theme.

Don't forget--only one more day to take advantage of the $99 Starter Kit!  Contact me if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment