September 24, 2011

You Mean the World to Me

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary.  I thought this sentinment was very appropriate for an anniversary card.  Life gets so busy sometimes that you often don't tell your loved ones just how much you love them and how important they are in your life.  I always tell my husband that he's stuck with me! 



In addition to using the Word Play stamp set, I also used the Open Sea set.  I inked the stamp with Sahara Sand, stamped off once, then stamped again to create a very light background.  If you thought you missed out on the Open Sea set from the summer mini catalog, don't despair.  It ended up on the Stampin' Up hold over list and is still available.  It's a great set for making masculine cards.
 
Today my husband and I are headed to College Station to visit our oldest son at Texas A&M.  It's our first time to see him since we dropped him off one month ago.  Yesterday I baked cupcakes to take so we can celebrate his birthday belatedly.  Oh to be 19 years young again--wouldn't that be nice?  We have tickets to the football game, way up at the top of the stadium.  We're not big football fans but my husband wants to experience an A&M game.  They are going to be playing Oklahoma State University and my friend, Donna, offered to loan me an OSU shirt to wear. Hmmm, don't think I'd be allowed to sit on the A&M side wearing it.  We'll have to find ourselves a couple of maroon shirts to wear to the game.  It will be great to see James and spend the weekend with him. Do you think I'll cry again on Sunday when I have to say "good-bye"?  Probably so.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment