January 30, 2013

CCMC-OCC1 Meets PPA151

Last fall I was the lucky winner of a subscription to Create with Connie & Mary as a result of participating in the challenges at their site.  The spring session has just begun and I thought I'd give the challenges another whirl.  I combined their color challenge with a sketch challenge at Paper Pal Arts.  If it weren't for the More Amore DSP, I don't think I would have ever combined Real Red with Primrose Petals.  All I can say is "yuk" to Primrose Petals.  There is too much orange in it and when it sits next to red the combo looks disasterous.  But, that is just my opinion.  At the last minute I colored the silver glimmer paper with Primrose Petals ink and dug out a black mini library clip.

 
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely "sweet". Thanks for joining us for the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue in this mix! Very pretty Valentine! So glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the hearts!! Very cute card. Thanks for playing along with the Saturday Challenge at CCMC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What GORGEOUS layered hearts, a little bit of sparkle and wonderful banner! Thanks for joining us in the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combo of hearts and the little library clip! Love the touch of sparkle. Too funny...Primrose Petals is actually one of my favorite pinks! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge on Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of Primrose Petals either, Shari, but you did a wonderful job using it on this card! I love your mix of patterned paper and your last minute addition of the clip! Great job!

    ReplyDelete