January 07, 2013

Another Year, Another Try

It's been awhile again since my last post.  I spent the month of December packing and unpacking boxes in order to get the floors in our house redone.  Imagine twennty years worth of living with ten of those years involved in scrapbooking and stamping.  I think I packed up more hobby stuff than anything else!  My advice is NEVER have any major work done on your house during the holidays.  We barely had Christmas here--I was decorating the tree on the 24th.  Now I intend to leave my tree up until Valentine's day.

The only reason I have anything to post is because I had a friend ask for a special favor today.  She needed to make a birthday card for someone who is turning 94 and wanted the card to be extra special.  We dug into her crafting supplies and put together this lovely card.  I personally think it will be the prettiest card her friend will get.  The central butterfly was cut out from some glitter paper but because of a minor goof the backing got all the details.  Hence, the white butterfly!  The only SU product used in this card was some Marina Mist ink and a few punches.

 
Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment:

  1. That is really beautiful, Shari! I'm sure it will be the prettiest card she receives - - and Happy Birthday to that young lady!

    ReplyDelete