September 01, 2012

Double Dipping--CCMC216 and SSSC166

It's another Halloween card with slightly unusual colors.  This is the same color combo I used for the previous challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.  I struggled a bit with the layers on this card.  Now I remember why I don't buy very many stamping wheels.  I can never get them to roll straight!  This was an older wheel that was retired last year I think.  Maybe I would be better off to take the rubber stamp off the wheel and turn it into a clear mount stamp.   Have you ever done this?


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Toxic Treats, Retired Jumbo Wheel
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, International Bazaar DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
Inks:  Midnight Muse, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, Square Lattice embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. I do take most of my wheel stamps off and use them off the wheel...they get more use that way! Super cute card...love the hanging pennant and the colors for Halloween! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and spooky! Just what I like in a Halloween card! I love the DSP banner - that's a great look. Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    It's been ages since I've bought a wheel stamp because I always got frustrated trying to roll it in a straight line and making sure that it was inked up properly. I know others take them off the wheel and have lots of success, so maybe we should give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally FABULOUS card! LOVE the design and the colors really work for Halloween! I've taken some of my wheels apart and it works great! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yur card is totally AMAZING! I love the layout and color combo for your Halloween card--it's brilliant. A huge thanks for sharing and playing along with our color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little flags on the card. I'm glad you joined our challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. I had to scroll through your blog to find the right post. It looks like you enjoy all different challenges!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful! A Halloween card that isn't spooky! Love the pennants and how you put this together with the paper choices and stamps. I see you made top 3! I'm late with my comments, but I can see why they chose your card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete