September 02, 2012

Postage Due Thank You

Vintage style can be quite beautiful.  I don't do much in the distressed arena.  Today I went out on a limb and scrunched my seam binding, frayed the ends of it and even added a bit of torn paper. I have a friend who just doesn't do the torn thing. (Don't pass out, Linda!)  I am overdue on thank you's for my milestone birthday.  Why is it so hard to get a card or two in the mail?  This seems to typify most stampers--they love to create but never end up giving their cards away.  The sketch layout for this card was from Freshly Made Sketches although I violated the rules by distressing my card (just slightly)! 



Yesterday my husband and I went on an early morning bike ride along the San Antonio River.  We started at Mission Concepcion, one of the five missions that are in our city.  Do you believe that this was the first time I had been to this mission and I have lived in San Antonio for 25 years?!  It has a simple beauty about it. 

 

 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shari, I love to visit your blog. Really beautiful. Just a comment on the missions of San Antonio, as a very young girl I worked at Mission Concepcion. For a wonderful family that ran the gift shop, Cosas Hermosas was the name of it, and we provided tourist information (being the first on the Mission Trail) as well as souvenirs and beautiful artful gifts and jewelry (some of it I made using and we sold some of the earliest James Avery designs). My gosh, seeing your post on the mission brings back so many memories. Thank you for sharing. -Alicia Craig

    ReplyDelete