July 03, 2013

Timeless Talk

It's that time of year for card swaps.  With the release of the new catalog and the upcoming Stampin' Up convention, there is a flurry of opportunities to swap cards.  Weeks ago I signed up to participate is a swap using new stamp sets with the Cyberstampers (my local SU family).  Somehow I thought it would be easy to create 5 card designs with just one set.  When I finally got after it, I realized that I tend to use way more than one stamp set to create a card.  As usual I underestimated how long it would take me to make 45 card fronts, 5 cards each for 9 participants.  I was a very bad stamper and only finished 4 card designs because I waited until the last minute.  Ugh!  I probably won't be invited to participate again!  So for the new few days you will get to see my designs.  I plan to make up my last card front and deliver it to the ladies at our next Cyberstampers business meeting. I should probably make a sixth project to make up for my delinquency!


For this card front, I decided to stamp right on the doily.  Surprisingly, the image was quite crisp.  I punched a 2-1/2" Whisper White circle to put behind the doily to make the image stand out better.  The telephone in the set is a fun image.  Nothing too complicated for this card front, just basic stamping and punching.  The Garden Gingham DSP has the perfect color combinations for summer cards. 

Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment