August 23, 2013

Birthdays and Broken Metatarsals

Say what?!  Last Friday I found out exactly what a metatarsal was when I accidently rolled my foot off the edge of the garage floor.  When I heard the crunching noise I knew it wasn't a good thing.  I took myself off to the emergency clinic for a few x-rays and found out that I had fractured the 5th metatarsal bone in my foot.  The doctor promptly supplied me with some fashionable footwear until I could get to a podiatrist.  I knew I grew up in the 80's for a reason--I'm sporting a moon boot!  On Tuesday my new podiatrist told me that I will be wearing it for the next three months and I need to stay off my foot so that it can heal.  At least it was a clean break and won't require surgery. So now I have a legitimate excuse to sit and make cards.

On to the birthday part.  Here is the birthday card I made last week.  One was for a special request and another for my mom. Black and yellow always look dramatic together.  I still had some vellum butterflies leftover from my convention swap-making and they just flew onto the card!

 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment