August 20, 2013

Halloween Hello and Herringbone Technique

Last week I ran across a great tutorial for a herringbone technique on Julie's Stamping Spot. I decided to give it a whirl using the Witches' Brew DSP.  On my first attempt I followed the instructions exactly to make a very orderly herringbone pattern.  You can notice how the DSP creates a V-shape.  Then I combined my background piece with a challenge Freshly Made Sketches to create the following card. I used Halloween Hello and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets. The skeleton face is covered with the new fine black glitter which makes it stand out more.  The poor little bat should have been glittered too.

 
The next card I made the herringbone pattern more random and preferred the result.  This is the swap card I took to the Cyberstampers monthly business meeting.  It took a few hours to make 10 cards  but I have a good reason for sitting around stamping and not doing any housework.  This is a story for another day! 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment