August 22, 2012

Proud as a Peacock

Last Friday I took my youngest son to get his Senior portrait taken.  He wasn't so thrilled about the process, but I told his he needed to do it for his mom.  If you think it's difficult to raise young children, wait 'til you have to let them go.  You just hope you did your job right and that they will make good decisions as they make their way in the world.  Both of my sons make me proud as a peacock. 

I wish I could remember whose blog I saw this card layout on. I thought it was Julie Davison's since her style is pretty streamlined.  No fuss but still eye-catching.  The original card used the Moving Foward stamp set which I replicated before I switched it up and used the World Treasures set.  If you know who created the original card, please let me know.  I used plenty of bling on the peacock's tail feathers. 


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: World Treasures
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, International Bazaar DSP, Polka Dot Parade
Ink:  Pacific Point
Accessories:  1/8" Rich Razzleberry Stitched Grosgrain, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Square Lattice Embossing Folder


 Here is the original idea and my modified version.


Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment