March 11, 2013

By the Tide

These cards seem appropriate for Spring Break week.  Thankfully I'm not at the beach with all the college students and their youthful indiscretions.  I'm busy working on cards for my Card Buffet on Saturday.  Today I put together three cards and I need to determine which will work best for the class.  The first card is a case from Elaine Uhl that involves some basic masking.  I just wish I wouldn't have messed up the stamping.  No time to redo it today. 
 
 
The next card was made using a sketch I found somewhere.  It's difficult to tell but I stamped the coral and one shell on the Coral layer. 
 
 
 
This last one is a sketch from Marelle Taylor.  This is a very simple card but requires fussy cutting the seahorse.
 
 
When I do classes I sometimes run into the problem of not having duplicate ink pads for certain colors.  Being the crafting hoarder that I am, I had a retired Cameo Coral ink pad and textured cardstock to match.  I liked the softer look with the Cameo Coral instead of Calypso Coral.  Maybe when I am not so strapped for time I will try them with Calypso Coral.  Which is your favorite of the three?  My favorite is the second card.
 
Come back tomorrow to see another sneak peek or two for my upcoming class.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment