August 29, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Scrapbook Page-Convention Display

Long ago I was an avid scrapbooker.  In fact, I scrapbooked long before I ever started stamping.  The crazy thing is that I've never overlapped these two hobbies until now.  It was a real challenge to scrapbook with Stampin' Up products.  The plan was to do all 12" x 12" pages but in the end I made two of the three pages 8" x 8" in size.  It's not so easy to find photos to match stamp sets, let me tell you.  My travel photos seemed like the best fit for the Kinda Eclectic stamp set.

Back in 2009, my husband and I went on a great European trip to Switzerland and Italy.  Every two or three years we take these wonderful trips when he is asked to speak at conferences.  Who would have ever thought research on locomotive engines would take us half-way across the world?  The scrapbook page photo was taken on the island of Bellagio in the Lake Como area.  I kept looking for George Clooney while we were there, but no luck! Sigh!! (He owns property somewhere on Lake Como.)

Anyway, I used a combination of Soft Sky, Smokey Slate, Basic Gray and So Saffron.  The title was stamped with the Metro Alphabet photopolymer stamp set.

 
So, how about you--are you a scrapbooker?  If you are not into traditional scrapbooking, Stampin' Up has the solution with the new Project Life products.  Now you can preserve the memories of your favorite vacation with very little effort.  Ain't life grand! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment